Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bishkek Kyrgyzstan

We are here for a day only.  Off to 'bush camp' enroute to the mountains.  All I can think of is Russia.... there is so much here in monuments and architecture, as reminders of a previous era not so long ago.  The language is Russian - the people a mix of Turk, Arabic, Mongolian and Russian faces.  Dress is modern most times, with some hints of traditional Asian garb among the women.  Modern malls with lots of technology - streets and road much as you would expect in a European city with throw backs when the occasional donkey cart goes through.  Lots of open markets - fruit vegetables breads and meats.  I have discovered chemists on every corner as I looked for a wart remover... took me 5 attempts and on the 5th was successful after I copied the translation of what I needed from
a website - very careful as its almost a totally different alphabete.

We are now leaving for 8 days...may not have website till after...

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read your posts. Very clever of you to find a translation :). I hope you enjoy your next 8 days. I'll look forward to your next post.
    Sandy 2

    ReplyDelete