Monday, May 20, 2013

Count down

I've been getting ready for a looong time for this trip.  It’s all now going in slow motion.  I "think" I'm ready.  A few things to remember to get from the drug store - antiseptic, maybe a new toiletry bag, oh and things to go into it.  I may need a new shoulder bag. I know where to go - I've already checked out their stuff twice after circling back from the CAA. No point in going to Mountain Coop again.  I checked that out a couple of times already as well.  House stuff - bought some mulch yesterday for the garden - thinking that should keep the weeds down.  I've already combed the yard out of dandelions - SEVERAL times.  No use.  They will all be back end of August.  Just had to do it though - time to think really.  New gadget - pulls out 'most' of the root without bending over.  Was up in a tree last week to clear out a trough so the rain doesn't keep gushing over to the kill the garden.  Slipped but then saved by a boob.  My rib is still sore, but all limbs are in still working and ready to carry me forward.  I'm nervous.  I am now writing things down as I remember them so that I can make sure to do this or that before I leave.  I just have to remember to write in the same place each time.  I've been finding notes in different places.  Oh, and I need to learn that tune for the trip, Marianne sent me from Australia.  I have a yuke you see - and the women from Australia have found a passion in this fine instrument.  I am to bring my yuke as they will be doing the same, and hopefully master the theme song before I go - all to the tune of 'Give me a home by the gum tree'.  I was hoping it was the same as 'Give me a home where the buffalo Roam', but not... so different cords and everything.  I've been listening to the song on ytube so that I can learn the tune - however I now also know the words and I am so likely to get the lyrics all mixed up.  Well, I didn't promise to be Mozart.

So this note is intended to motivate me - I'll get my notes in one place first.  Mike the contractor needs to come by so that we can decide once and for all on the bathroom fixtures - 'course I will likely change my mind about the color scheme once I hit the Trail.... I am already seeing deep rich golds, reds, greens...  

No comments:

Post a Comment